I’m Osman Goni, a lawyer in Bangladesh.
I am an Advocate of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh. I have extensive experience and expertise in banking, finance, regulatory, investment and corporate and commercial laws. I advise clients (both local and international) on a full range of matters, including banking and finance (loans, project finance (in particular Power Project) and structured finance, foreign currency financing), corporate, telecommunications, mergers and acquisitions, employment, labour and general commercial matters.
Some of my recent engagements:
- Advising Grameen UNIQLO, the Subsidiary of Fast Retailing in Bangladesh on all aspects of its activities in Bangladesh.
- Advised The Children’s Place on various employment related issues in Bangladesh.
- Advising LM Ericsson Bangladesh Limited on various corporate related matters.
- Advised General Satellite Group AG, on all aspects of its investment and divestment in the first ever DTH (Direct to Home) Project in Bangladesh.
- Advising a Singaporean investment fund to implement its green-field project in Bangladesh.
- Advised Asian Development Bank on Bangladeshi laws and certain legal issues in relation to its entering a carbon emission reduction purchase agreement including legal due diligence and the CER purchase transaction.
- Advised DEG as Bangladesh Legal Counsel on its USD 20 Million financing to a local borrower.
- Advised DBS as Bangladesh Legal Counsel on its USD 7.4 Million financing to a local borrower.
- Advised TEBIAN ELECTRIC APPARATUS CO., LTD (TBEA) on various aspects of Bangladeshi laws relating to the implementation of their EPC project in Bangladesh.
- Advising a Chinese Solar equipment manufacturer with their investment in Bangladesh.
- Advising a Switzerland based pharmaceutical company on its activities in Bangladesh.
At present, I am an Of Counsel of Mahmood Jabbar Khan, a law firm in Bangladesh. I am also working as a partner of OGR Legal.
If you have any question or need any legal and consulting service, please contact me.